Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Holocaust (or Coming of Age) on Friday the 22nd of May '09

These are the terrible dreams that I have had with increasing frequency in the months leading up to the day after tomorrow.

I dreamed I failed in economics (expected that), Bengali (kind of saw that coming too), 13 on 100 in geography(what the fuck????)

In another dream, I was walking to the school bus and suddenly Krishnaroop Chowdhury tackles me to the ground in a sweaty blur from the right and starts punching my jaw. I beat him off and (I think) break both of his kneecaps. Then I go home and find that my teeth are dislodged. Soon my fist is full of bloody tooth that I mourn silently. Not sure what relevance this has to my results.....probably just a metaphor where the CBSE is equated to another threat, KC, and thus both punch my teeth out........naah, it was just a dream where that bleeping bleep of a bleep, bleep him, breaks my bleeping smile up.

I was standing by myself in front of the school gates, and everyone had gone home, and everyone got their results before that, and I didn't, and I didn't know my marks but I really really wanted to............and I stood there and stood there and waited and waited, and then it was midnight and my knees were aching and then Spock beams down and says they'll have to deport me to Uranus because that's the general vicinity of my results too.........(why the Federation gets involved is not something I chose to question at that point, probably because of my throbbing instep).

And finally, the worst pre-result nightmare of all........I only get good enough marks to qualify me for the Bhavan's evening management training classes. For the next five years, I'm doomed to come back everyday to the SAME BLOODY CAMPUS. And that just about sums up school life for me.

I'm doomed. Doomed, I tell you.


_____________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

Suki said...

It's going to go fine. Even though everyone will probably give you hell even if you get over 82%. Which, lemme tell ya, is a good mark!

Trisha said...

you know what i'm thinking right now? i'm thinking aaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!