Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Sun Colours






Ohmigod what a great day!!!!!!!! but lemme explain........this is SUPPOSED to be my online journal, when all's said and done............

i finally got to sleep late as its an "official" holiday. when i woke up, i had a lazy and prolonged bath, then read the latest Artemis novel in PDF form before getting a call inviting me to get downstairs to the para park and get colour dunked.

i duly obliged. since i was late (so what's new) i was just in time to get an entire bucket of colour water splashed on my head by my (loving) para friends. a bandanna and old clothes that i've lately taken to sleeping in couldn't save me from looking like a complete barbarian.LOL i know i scared my mother when i came back up. she thought i'd come from the local youth club to ask for donations.

anyway after we finished slapping water and colors around, taking cool pictures and baking ourselves in the sun (one of us spread himself out on the park bench and declared his intention to see if permanent colour could be genetically passed on to his descendants) we lazed around for a while (as for me, for the first time in a very long while i took a turn on the swings, bringing memories and nausea rushing back in equal proportions).

a friend read my palm. according to him, i have three life lines, two of which project my early death. the third is long but dependent on following a life-pattern that both of us are clueless about. my education/career line is well-developed, i'm going to have an attractive partner, and i have bad luck in trivial affairs.

although i didn't need an amateur fortune-telling yogic to realize the truth of that last bit about bad luck.

anyway i had a fun day so far. judging by moments spent with this particular group of friends, it ranks right up there with the new year's rooftop party, the hangout session on the day of saraswati puja and the jam sessions at akash-da's house. those
in-depth chats on emo/rock music, sci-fi literature and careertalk in the evenings all last year remain unparalleled, though.

let's see what the evening brings.

anyway, this last bit is not for general consumption. for my CLOSE friends -- i mean ani, fido, shoili di, nilaj -- Happy Holi!!!!! included in these wishes are of course suki di, arnab da, akash da, titan, ankana, titas, debu, rimi di, sourav, shanky, debatri, kaustav, arnab (barat), srijita, and my baby cousin sister brinda. love y'all.....be happy, you guys!!!

trisha
21/3/2008

2 comments:

Sukhaloka said...

That sounds really, really lovely. :D

I had a bad day, lol. No need to write about it. But glad to hear you had a good time, you really cheered me up :)

Happy Holi!

shoili said...

hey wat a great way to wish us! honored..