Friday, April 4, 2008

Rain

the elements of nature are supposed to inspire creativity in aspiring poets. you might think that this is a gloomy poem, but it is one of the most joyful things i've ever written. as always, i would appreciate comments.




RAIN

i've cried a thousand times
i lost my mind in the pain
i wrote my songs and my rhymes
i broke my heart in the rain

it is morning and there is no light
cold winds don't stop blowing because i broke my heart
and the moon rises brighter than the sun
i don't stop living because i tore myself apart

i freeze and i burn, and i hate myself
my world stops turning, and i don't die
the wind starts blowing and i'm burnt and broken
but i'm still not going to die


this feels like ripples in a silver stream
like dawning sunrise behind the mountains
like good luck floating inside a moonbeam
like tiny rainbows inside a marble fountain

it tastes like raindrops in the middle of the night
like ice-cold honey at the break of dawn
like a lake of mountain-water filled with ice and light
like the heart of a rose within the thorn

it sounds like angels singing beside the ocean
like birds taking flight at the sight of sunrise
like desolation at the thought of separation
like sparkling tears of regret in dark black eyes

from dust to ashes,from laughter to hate
from the clouds in the sky to water underground
like the difference between choices and fate
like escaping to dreams to hear raindrops, that sweet sound


trisha










No comments: