Sunday, April 13, 2008

Snow



This is the book I'm reading right now.


Really amazing, insightful, sensitive, creative, goddamn PEACEFUL writer. Honestly, when the scene is a snowed-in town reeling under a bloody coup, it's like he manages to make the reader feel that that same town is the quietest, most contemplative beautiful place in the world.

I'm reading it like I sip a cool drink, slowly and happily in the summertime, savouring it fully, enjoying the gentle introspection like bubbles at the surface, drinking the emotions like the delicious top layers.

I'm yet to reach the dregs. I'm in no hurry. Eventually I know I will have this very calmimg yet invigorating book sloshing around in the hollow corners of my mind, filling up the blank spaces between Umberto Eco and Frederick Forsyth in the library catalogue of my subconscious mind. Until then ...... tesekkur ederim, Orhan Pamuk!

Trisha

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and that is how a good book is meant to be read. I have heard of Pamuk, haven't really got around to reading any. Good post.

Anonymous said...

yes, the pic was drawn by me. I was clearly not in the right state of mind....AT ALL. Thus the colors and the pointlessness of it all.
But wherever did you pick up those lines? They fitted in with the dream perfectly! uncanny...eh? :)

shoili said...

do u have the book? lend it to me, i've been tryin to get it for ages