Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Maze

Twisted maze, running through my brain
sudden corners, dead ends that come alive at night
coil, spring, jerk and recoil the thoughts
the confusion cannot decide where to begin
I wander, wander, trying to lose my way
but the lie is the key to the truth, I should know this
there is a web of revelations, it hangs from the sky
but I will only see it if I choose to see it
I twist and turn like a storm
breaking away, yet clinging to the ground
and there is nothing I would not sacrifice, to be at peace.
but then the morning comes, and the clouds split open
the look of the sun makes me give it a sleepy smile
the air hums in soft anticipation around me
I wake, and then reassurance and logic clear my head
I sigh in relief, that the maze is straighter now
and I smile, I am grateful that I can be happy in peace
I feel as though I am swimming in joy
so in the middle of a happy backstroke, I go back to sleep


Trisha

_____________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

Kapil Sharma said...

aMAZing MAZE

Trisha said...

what a (hem hem) lovely pun.....but i appreciate the sentiment, thanks!!