Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tagged!

EXCERPT FROM FACEBOOK -

[Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you.] From deboleena di's page :-)


25 things about me? :P

1. i'm possibly the fastest-talking, most obscure conversationalist you'll ever meet.

2. i'm trying to give my black belt exam this year

3. i'm also trying to get admission into a decent college, but as you can see, that comes lower down on my list of priorities.

4. i confuse latin street music with african street music literally all the time, except when i see/recognize the artist.

5. i can't draw for peanuts. give me a table and i'll draw you a surreal rendering of an elephant with severe arthritis and an abstract comment in the speech bubble above the head.

6. extreme heights, deep water, exam stress, fear of failure, dogs, cats, snakes and my mom don't bother me. red ants, however, scare me to hell.

7. i love to write. normally i don't put it online when it's this random.

8. i'm making an exception because i got tagged :P

9. when in doubt, i shut down my brain and crank up the automatic part of my cerebrum that plays cheesy dance hits from the 90's all day.

10. i miss dancing. boogying to justin timberlake in my room doesn't count.

11. i also miss swimming. this summer, i think i'll pretend to drown in the shower so my dad lets me catch up on swimming in a proper pool again.

12. uptil the time i was five, i honestly believed that i could fly, because that's how my brother explained the concept of superheroes as 'normal people' to me.

13. my brother subsequently lost the use of his left arm for a few months when i jumped off the second-floor balcony with a cry of 'excelsior!!'. i landed unhurt on his back, saving a few bruises.

14. i voted for obama online. in my own way, i helped shape world history *_*

15. i also voted for jay-z, but i don't think the world is ready for a black president who rolls like the big dawg. shame.......

16. i only blog once a week, just to keep my creativity in reasonably good use.

17. why do people believe in god?

18. do people believe in god more than they believe in the power of money, or vice versa?

19. who cares? my computer can eat your momma.

20. i can't think of a decent indian writer whose books are not terrifyingly emotional to read, apart from samit basu. what does that say about the indo-global publishing world?

21. what does that say about me? my novel isn't even worth laughing at, at the moment.

22. that must be why i choose to read only comic books and comedy books (yes, non-geeks, there's a difference) and no other literature these days.

23. my neighbors hate rock music but i see them be-bopping to the RnB that plays from my room. weird.

24. perhaps they're all just very funky people at heart. one day i'll play techno-funk at midnight and see what happens. note-to-self- get a decent web-cam for that day.

25. i'm glad i decided to do this. and i'm too brain-dead to be sarcastic right now, anyway.

ciao.

2 comments:

Kapil Sharma said...

Where are you, Miss??

anindita banerjee said...

This is bloody good!! I am rolling over laughing right now... ;)