Sunday, August 16, 2009

Inventory

Item, bruise, one each on forearm, shoulder, and ankle,
Scar on throat, one, from that burn last week,
Headache from worrying about what-happens-next,
And really, the eyes are going far too weak.

Sunburn, extreme, from walking around outside all day
Dent to the ego - why, when I thought she was my friend?
Heartburn, slight, because I have to move on,
And scars are all you take with you, in the end.

Red slashes, from all the times I felt left out,
Even when I wasn't; perhaps it's just me,
Angry welts, three, on brain, body and soul,
Black hole where my laughter used to be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

Suki said...

:hug:
Gtalk, when you want?

Brainfreeze Blues said...

Love love love.
Absofuckinglutely.

Trisha said...

@suki di - is now too early?
@ secret keeper - aww. but you're just saying that because we be notes-bitches and you're off sick and heartburn-ish yourself. see you soon, m'bebe :-)

Aparajita said...

This is lovely. I liked the last two lines, specially.