Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Puja Diaries

day one - panchami

slept late. went out pandal hopping with para friends. ekdalia, singhi park, bosepukur...what an extravagant, thriftless, over-the-top, exquisitely beautiful waste of the city's resources! my head aches from the crowds, the heat, the lights, the countless cold drinks. spent some time helping to make a photo gallery to put up tomorrow in our very own pandal. composed a poem to act as the captions (takes a bow). even managed to keep myself on calorie control to a certain extent. will upload photos tomorrow night. am too bushed to type anymore........c y'all later. goodnite, kolkata.

p.s.-of all the pandals we saw today, our own modestly beautiful one appealed to me the most. i wonder what this means on my subconscious level of thinking. perhaps i'm finally beginning to feel comfortable with this whole ornate-religious-festival-thing without letting my own atheism colour my perceptions of it all. who knows? am too dazed with incipient sleep to self-analyze anymore. see you in the morning........

[*_*]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice blog, ....where is ur pandal, will like to capture it for the blog.......

Sukhaloka said...

Hee, sounds like a nice Panchami. Singhi Park is the wool/pink one, right? I would have loved it had it not been so pink :(

Anyway, will prolly see you on Saptami.

Anonymous said...

hi thanks for your reply, will try to reach..meanwhile have a look at www.kolkataeyes.blogspot.com..

Anonymous said...

Hi this is addition to the earlier comment, do mail me the photo's will put it on my blog and link to ur blog