Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Puja Diaries

day five - nabami

woke up to the dulcet tones of my cell phone - titan's own strident tones followed thereafter, peremptorily ordering me down for the Spot Quiz. therefore i rushed down in an Olympic record of shower-and-change-in-ten-minutes, and within fifteen minutes acquired a gift voucher for answering the question (in which of shakespeare's plays is the heroine called Hero?) duh- much ado about nothing - and thus won the right to squander 75 bucks of corporate money on formidable guzzling at monginis. sidenote - hehehehe...........

in the evening i wore my new black glitterati top with (heaven forgive me) d's HUGE red bracelet (that everyone but me was freshly astounded by, in a good way, i hope) and then taira di, mitu, titan, raju, ayan da, me and akash da made the tour of the housing pujas in our areas (smirks derisively) and endured simmering jealousy at the sight of manjulika a's fantastic turnout this time. on our return, well, i got some bad news about a friend (there is nothing to discuss) and was later cheered up by naughty story games and an impromptu backstage dance around and after midnight. an extremely fun day it was, all round, and am already anticipating going for the bhashan.
anyway. i returned to the parental abode after one in the morning, took a bath, and then settled down to wait for d to call for our usual midnight chat. he obliged within ten seconds of my "i'm free now" missed call and he kept me up until two fifteen giggling at his extended family's antics. after making him promise to wake me up at ten this morning with an elongated call, i flipped over in bed and FINALLY finished Richard Bach's Curious Lives. must've been the adrenalin rush keeping me awake. anyway, gotta rush to go shower, change, and go downstairs to hang out friends. already missed calls and 'whr r u' messages abound. ciao all. stay tuned for the grand finale of the puja diaries,

much love,

trisha
(~_~)

No comments: