Monday, April 27, 2009

Open letter

Dear Mr. Basu

Thank you for following me on Twitter. I show your updates on my page to all my friends. My geek credit has never been higher, and thanks to two personal replies from you I've convinced this one guy to let me read his vintage first-edition Asterix and Obelix collection for the very first time. You've changed my life around. My mother now tells people I'm in contact with a real author, no, not the layabout kind, a published writer. The whole family knows you now because my grandmother once read your name in the paper and remembered about it. She thinks you're a famous journalist - no-one knows why, but she's pushing seventy so what the hell, you know? My father is going to try and read your first book, and my cousin would like to be just like you one day, and maybe own a Corvette too.

Sincerely yours,

Trisha

from Kolkata

P.S - my cousin would like to know what brand of car you own (if at all). this postscript was not my idea.

3 comments:

Sukhaloka said...

Simoquin, Manticore etc Basu?

anindita banerjee said...

I loved this piece! especially the thing about your grandmother...damn good..

Trisha said...

yes, yeah, n thnx :-)